2 cups/300 gm almonds, soaked 6 hours and drained
8 Medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups/260 gm cashew pieces, soaked 4 hours and drained
¼ cup/50 gm fresh lemon or lime juice
¾ cup/140 gm dark agave nectar
½ cup/80 gm coconut oil
2 red or magenta dragon fruit, keeping one aside for garnish
- Prepare the crust first, blending almonds until coarse flour. Add other ingredients, pulsing lightly to mix in well and make a coarse meal.
- Press into a 9-inch tart plate lined with Glad Bake paper. Keep in fridge while preparing the filling.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together until smooth. Pour into crust. Set in freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a fresh red or magenta dragon fruit to garnish on top.
- Serve immediately while firm.