60th Anniversary Seminar March 2020
March 29 @ 09:00 - 16:00
Our 60th Anniversary Seminar is on Sunday 29 March at North Ryde Golf Club
The theme is: Support your Immune System Naturally
Includes the following Topics and Speakers:
The Health Of The Immune System Begins In The Gut
- Dr Malcolm McKay: GP and Lifestyle Medicine practitioner
- The health of our immune system begins in the gut where most of our immune cells are stationed. The type of microbiome we have determines whether these immune cells are well regulated or dysregulated and more prone to allergies and autoimmune diseases. The type of microbiome we have is largely determined by our food choices. Malcolm will describe the diet-microbiome-immune link and give suggestions for optimal nutrition.
What’s In Your Food?
- Jenny Cameron Nutritionist
- Jenny will talk about how an optimal diet is built around food, not nutrients. On the one hand, you don’t want to get too hung up about nutrient data and which foods are good for which nutrients, but on the other hand you do need to have a basic understanding of food composition. Jenny will cover the principles of an optimal diet, how to check the nutrient content of foods and take a look at the health claims made about particular foods.
My Multi-Therapy Success With Breast Cancer
- Ally Sanchez Herbalist and Nutritionist
- Ally was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer 18 months ago. Because of the dire diagnosis and being a therapist herself, she decided to go with conventional treatment and back it up with natural therapies to support her immune system and offset the side effects of the chemotherapy. Her success with this approach will be on display when she makes her presentation at the Seminar.
Yoga Can Support Immunity And Relaxation
- Jolan Tassone Level 2 Yoga and Meditation teacher
- Yoga helps to lower stress hormones that compromise the immune system, while also conditioning the lungs and respiratory tract, stimulating the lymphatic system to remove toxins from the body, and bringing fresh, rich, oxygenated blood to the various organs to ensure their optimal function.
1 Plant-Based Meals Made Easy and 2 Use Less Chemicals – Get Less Disease!
- Dawn Fitzgerald Health for Life Clinic
- Topic 1 – Dawn will demonstrate breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas which she prepares at home for optimum health and energy. Topic 2 – Dawn will explain how we can avoid toxic chemicals in everyday living.
Laughter For Fun And Healing
- Elizabeth French President Natural Health Society and trained Laughter Leader
- Elizabeth’s experience with laughter was gained in conducting weekly workshops at the Hopewood Health Retreat for many years.The workshop at the Seminar is designed to have you feeling good in a matter of minutes – as well as discovering why laughter is so good for you.
EARLY BIRD PRICES: MEMBERS $100 CONCESSION $90
EARLY BIRD PRICES: NON-MEMBERS $110 CONCESSION $100