Recipe from Hopewood
3 eggplants, sliced into rounds
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh or dried Italian herbs
1 cup low-fat tasty cheese, grated
½ cup fetta, crumbled
basil and parsley for garnish, chopped
- Cut the eggplant into rounds allowing three slices per person and place these on baking paper, setting remainder aside.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes, until almost cooked.
- Cube the remaining eggplant.
- Sauté onions and garlic with the cubed eggplant until soft.
- Add tomatoes, herbs and tasty cheese, tossing gently in the pan until the cheese begins to melt.
- On the baking tray, assemble eggplant rounds with layers of the tomato mixture in a stack.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to heat through prior to serving.
- Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to heat through prior to serving.