Recipe from Autumn 2014 issue of True Natural Health
1 cup/140g raw sunflower seeds
½ cup/60g raw pepitas
¼ cup/30g hulled sesame seeds
1 heaped cup/250g pitted dates
¾ cup/65g desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons/25 g carob powder
2 tablespoons/30g coconut syrup
2 heaped tablespoons/50g raw coconut oil
1 drop of doTerra Peppermint oil
- Grease a glass rectangular size dish.
- Place seeds into a strong blender or coffee grinder and chop until a fine flour. Set aside.
- Add dates, desiccated coconut, carob and coconut syrup into strong blender and chop well.
- Return seed flour to the bowl, adding the coconut oil and mix until the mixture has a shiny appearance. Add the 1 drop of Peppermint oil in last few seconds.
- Empty mixture into prepared dish and press down with the back of a spoon to create a smooth surface. Using a knife, score lines one way and then the other, to create squares.
- When solid, remove from the dish and break into squares.
- Store refrigerated. DELICIOUS COLD. Will melt if you leave out of fridge.