Recipe from Autumn 2014 issue of True Natural Health
½ inch piece of ginger, peeled
Handful of fresh mint
4 carrots, scrubbed clean, leaving skin on (contains minerals & fibre)
2 beetroot, scrubbed clean, cutting off any rough skin
50ml or ½ cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- Place ginger and mint in a strong blender and chop till fine. Or prepare ginger on a fine grater, and chop mint finely.
- Grate carrots and beetroot finely.
- Place into a bowl with the ginger and mint.
- Add lime or lemon juice, which will slow down the oxidation of the carrot and beetroot.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- When granny smith apples are in season, add one to this salad.
- Green pears and pomegranate seeds added is also tasty and colourful.
- Serve on a bed of greens of choice, ie. Rocket, baby spinach, cos lettuce.