Raw Blueberry or Raspberry Cheesecake
1 cup (130gms) raw macadamia nuts (almonds, pecan or walnuts are also good)
140 gms Medjool dates with stones removed
70 gms desiccated or shredded coconut
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
juice of 2 lemons (100gms)
the seeds of 1 whole vanilla bean (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
1/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup raw honey (Vegans use agave nectar.)
1 cup raspberries (thaw completely if using frozen)
1. Place nuts and dates in a food processor with sea salt and blend until a spoonful will hold together. Push into a 20cm spring-form pan making sure that the edges and base are well packed and even.
2. Warm coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on low heat until liquid or heat in processor.
- Blend the filling ingredients except the raspberries on high speed until very smooth
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust and smooth out. Add the raspberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth. Spread over the first layer of filling. Place in freezer until solid.
5. To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Serve with fresh fruit.