Recipes from Winter 2013 issue if True Natural Health
Recipe supplied by Perfection Fresh Australia Pty Ltd
- 1 Broccolini® baby broccoli, sliced
- 1 Treviso™ radicchio, sliced
- 1 Tuscan cabbage (cavolo nero), stems removed
- 1 baby endive outside leaves, trimmed and sliced
- 250g baby Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 L vegetable stock
- 2 tsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- 90 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 60 ml oil in a saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender but not browned.
- Add all vegetables and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup sprinkled with pistachio nuts and drizzled with remaining oil.
Serves 6 – 8.