Recipes from Autumn 2022 issue of True Natural Health
(Healthy pantry staples are available via here (affiliate link)
150 ml plant-based milk
3 tbsp chia seeds
Handful (1/2 cup) of blackberries (fresh or frozen)
Handful (1/2 cup) of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 frozen banana (medium) ** must be frozen
1/4 cup coconut yogurt
2 tsp açai powder (optional)
1/8 cup muesli of choice
Blend together blueberries, blackberries, banana, and coconut yogurt. Pour on top of prepared chia pudding. Top with fresh blueberries & muesli.
Mix 150 ml plant-based milk with 3 tbsp chia seeds. Stir after 10 min and then leave in the fridge for a minimum of 45 minutes (preferably overnight).
Blend together a handful of blackberries, blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 100 g coconut yoghurt and 2 tsp açai powder.
- 3 cups total – 1/4 cup each, raw nuts & seeds of choice: cashews, almonds, walnuts, Brazil, hazelnut, pepita (pumpkin seeds), sunflower, chia (1/8 cup), hemp hearts (1/8-1/4 cup), sesame (1/8 cup)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup rolled quinoa, millet flakes or any other grain
- 1-2 Tbsp oil (coconut/macadamia)
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (maple syrup/honey, rice malt syrup) add to taste
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
Vary the above amount and types of grain/nuts/seeds to suit your taste and pantry supplies. I never make the same tasting muesli because I always switch up the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 150℃/ 300℉ (fan-forced).
- In a large baking tray, mix all of the dried ingredients together.
- In a small pot place the oil and sweetener, heat gently for a minute or two (do not boil). Drizzle over the dried ingredients to coat evenly.
- Toss through the mixture to coat as evenly as possible.
- Place in a preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes or so until evenly browned or toasted as much as you want it to be.
- Remove from the oven, cool and if you like you can add:
- ½ to 1 cup of wheat germ (optional)
- Sultanas, raisins, currants, craisins, goji berries or any other dried fruit desired (optional)
Store: Once completely cooled store in an airtight container in a cool pantry or the fridge.