ROLE OF THE NHSA NATIONAL COMMITTEE
The role of the National Committee is to set the strategic direction for the Natural Health Society of Australia and to guide and support the Society to deliver on its strategic initiatives through strong governance and decision-making.
National Committee members attend meetings and vote on motions. Committee members volunteer to serve on the Committee and positions vary based on the Society’s needs.
To succeed in its role, the National Committee needs to operate effectively:
- By meeting on a regular basis and working together constructively
- By having the right mix of skills and experience at Committee level
- By establishing procedures for the effective management of the Society
- By long and short-term planning to determine how the Society will carry out its mission and meeting the challenges of current business plans
- By adopting an annual budget and providing fiscal oversight
- By considered succession planning at Committee level
- By evaluating its performance/overall performance of the Society in achieving its mission